Plaster & lathe walls

Any suggestions on how to create lathe & plaster walls? I am trying to draw my 1931 home.

In the pro version you can create custom wall types that could represent a lath and plaster wall very well.

In Suite you will have to use the existing wall types.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

I realize there must be a way to do it in the Pro versions, but I can't seem to find the right materials to represent the lathe.

Using Home Designer 6 Pro, please click Edit > Default Settings > Wall Defaults > Wall.

Select a wall type that you will not be using in the plan. Click the "Define" button. In this window, you can rename the wall type, insert and delete layers for this wall type, as well as specify layer thickness and material.

I am not a builder, so I had to find an example of a lathe and plaster wall online. In the example I found, the wall consisted of the vertical stud framing layer, then the horizontal lathe layer, with the plaster on the exterior surface.

Assuming this is an interior wall, you will have 5 wall layers:

plaster
    lathe
    framing stud
    lathe
    plaster

Since the lathe is not the framing layer, please bear in mind that you will not see the lathe in a Framing Overview camera view.
    Matthew Sande
    Chief Architect Technical Services
    http://www.homedesignersoftware.com
    Click Here to Email Technical Support