Missing Deck Floor/support columns

Time for another beginner question. I lay out the first floor outer walls. I then create a foundation from the first floor. I then add a deck or porch. Alas, no floor or support columns. I Have only a railing hanging in mid air.

I know there is a specific order for adding walls and decks/porches but I am having trouble finding that information.

Help please.

Thanks

Did you build the deck using the Deck Railing tool? I think if you build it using a regular railing, you won't get the support pieces.

Do you have terrain? I don't think the program puts in the support pieces if there is nothing for it to go down to. Also, if your terrain is flat and your deck is on the first floor, you might not see the supports because they might be under the terrain.

I've got those bases covered Kilgore. I believe the 'snap to' feature is involved. If the foundation is not set up properly, there is nothing for the deck or porch to snap to so it sits there in mid air. There is a specific sequence to be followed, the sequence is what I need help with.

Thanks,

I just tried it using the same order that you did and everything seems to look fine.

The only other thing I can think of is to check to make sure your deck railing are all properly connected. If they aren't, you won't have a deck and you won't get the decking or supports. You can tell when your railings are connected because you will have the word "Deck" inside the room.

The last thing to try is tech support. When all else fails, I am sure they can figure out what is wrong.

Thanks again Kilgore. I'll give it another try tonight.

Dale