Thread: Vaulted ceiling

Hybrid View

Vaulted ceiling

I'm a new user to HDpro8.

I am adding a family room with vaulted ceiling of 2/12 pitch and 4/12 roof. I have managed to manually create the roof and ceiling using roof and ceiling planes. So far, I have not been able to extend the interior and exterior walls to meet the ceiling and roof profile at the gable ends. I do, however, have a great view of the outside!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Only guessing here without a pic to look at, but make sure that the roof planes are drawn slightly passed the outer edge of the main layer, even if
    you don't want any overhang on the gable walls. Otherwise the attic wall won't generate.

With the ceiling planes it's the opposite - make sure they don't go passed the outer edge or they will block the attic wall from generating.
    Doug S.

HD Pro 9 (Build 9.6.1.1)
    Sketchup 7
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Vaulted ceiling problem

Thanks Doug for your help. I have tried to rebuild using your guidelines but still have the same results. I have attached some pics to show the problem.

Thanks again,
    Rick H. (HOZEY)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open gable.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	7991   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open gable2.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	7992  

Usually Attic walls will be automatically created when you have a gable roof, but since you have Pro and drew this in manually, I guess you will probably have to manually draw in the Attic walls too.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7