Question Help with concrete entry porch with NO railings?

First off, hello everyone and thanks in advance to anyone that might be able to point me down the right path. So, a friend of mine got this program (Landscaping and Deck Designer V. 7.07-upgraded as of today) as a "gift" from her husband in hopes that she will take it upon herself to "redesign" their home. Only, she is utterly computer unfriendly. Needless to say, I am doing her "redesign" and I now have the program.

I am very computer friendly and am very comfortable with Cad and other 3D programs. However, this one has me utterly....boggled?

1. Need concrete porch to have 2 steps to landing
    2. DELETE railings but need two posts and a small gabled roof over this porch
    3. Concrete slab needs to be SOLID
    4. House elevation should match the height of complete concrete slab of 18"

I also have a back porch made of concrete as well to "draw" with steps built into (embedded) in the concrete porch.

So far, her landscaping looks divine....now for the house.

Lastly, is there a way to create STUCCO on the exterior walls?

Gladly take any (ANY) suggestions. I have this drawn on 1/4"=1' scale graph paper in case anyone needs a picture of what I am talking about.

Thanks in advance again.

To define areas that have no railing use invisible walls or railings.

Room platforms and deck platforms are defined by the walls, railings, and invisible walls that surround them. You can change the type of platform for a room by changing the default room type. For example a deck would build a deck and show the framing and supports for a deck. A slab would build a concrete slab for the floor.

You can specify the floor height for any room. In theory you could create steps by defining very small rooms with invisible railings or walls and then set the floor height for each room (don't forget to take the (D) out or it will revert to defaults)
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

MANY thanks!

Dan Park,

Thank you so very much! I was just playing around with the invisible wall but was completely stuck after the walls were created. I guess, this program is very "imaginative" in a way that it makes you think outside of the box to get the look you want. I had set up the front porch with the invisible wall but was completely lost at what next to do. I thought about adding a staircase but was a bit intimidated by what MIGHT happen~at least in PS, you have layers you can delete!~

Again, thank you. I will keep you posted.

Our professional Chief Architect software has a complete set of layer controls that allow you to create, edit, and delete layers. In most cases you should not be intimidated by trying something new. If you feel that you might mess something up you can always save the plan with a different name and if it get's messed up go back to the original. Creating and deleting objects should not cause problems in this software.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Steps

Kitty, I to have had a problum with steps and like objects,Try using and reshaping the closed boxes that are found under ........GEOMETRIC SHAPES
    In the LIBRARY. . You can build most anything from them. I have built some verry good looking columns. The problum is I don't know how to bond them together into a single unit. It might come to me. LUCK.....RUSS

Dude...

You just replied to a post from June of 2006.

If you are having problems, create a new thread.

Geeez. It just popped up on my screen also. I thought it was new before Aves's post. I just could think of anything smart or helpful at the time.

I can't find any posts previous to 2007 on my searches.
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.

I think Russ should get a Gold Star for using the search function of the forum..
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Shoulda had a V8... (bop)

I can see the TV adverts are fairly universally seen.

Of course I am right above you Day....LOL
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.