cabinet moldings

I'm a new user on Home Designer Suite 8.0 and I have two questions that I
    could use help with.

Firstly, on the tutorials they show a tab for placing crown moldings over cabinets when you click on a cabinet and display properties yet I can't seem to get that with mine. Is it not availale on my version?

Secondly, how do you manually place a railing without drawing stairs? I have a two storey room in my design and I need to draw a railing overlooking it from above?

Just wanted to mention also that this site is extremely useful for newby's like myself and it has really assisted me. Thx to all.

Quote Originally Posted by marinrojano
    Firstly, on the tutorials they show a tab for placing crown moldings over cabinets when you click on a cabinet and display properties yet I can't seem to get that with mine. Is it not availale on my version?
    I would say not, the Online Help Database shows this feature online available in Interior Designer 8.0, Architectural Home Designer and Home Designer Pro.

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=887

When watching the videos, watch out for the little pop-ups that display in the lower right when a feature is not available in all versions.

Quote Originally Posted by marinrojano
    Secondly, how do you manually place a railing without drawing stairs?
    If you aren't familiar with the toolbar buttons, use the menu instead and browse to Build> Wall> Straight Railing
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

New User

Thx for the tip, I found it however when I draw the railing it is over an invisible wall that I drew in the hallway to be able to separate it from the living room and when I draw the railing it becomes a full wall. I tried to draw it next to the wall but it grabs it and converts it. I'm not sure how to get passed this one.

Dont use the invisible wall. Use the railing to define the room. Use a doorway if the rail doesnt go from wall to wall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rail.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	7997