Door Frame/Window Frame

I just got HD Suite 6 and I have installed the Bonus Lib and the 6.03 update on your site but none of the beta stuff.

I started my plan by choosing the "Mediterranean Influence" because that was a compatible style for what we want (now seems like a mistake). Now that I have gotten pretty far along (2 floors w/basement, deck-rampart roof with tower) I cringe at starting over - especially since I have already a few times for other reasons. I don't find any way to modify the round arched openings for the windows and most doors which seem to be tied to the influence. Is there a way I can specify more normal openings for doors and windows? Can I change the influence mid-stream - or am I gonna be forced to do the whole thing over using the default plan style?

I haven't done the terrain/landscaping yet which may have led to the following. I neglected to start the basement the right way by modifying floor "0", but instead picked a monolithic slab (which we will have under our basement, of course, seemed a reasonable choice to me). So, now I have the basement on floor 1 and the main floor on 2, with the tower floor 3. Is there a way to change the foundation to be "footing" and move the basement down to 0, and also decrement the other floors by one?

Last, after forming a stairwell which was too close to some other wall, I began deleting the stairs, and all the fragments of the stairwell to move it over - like I had successfully done a few times before. However, there was at least one piece of the stairwell framing which would not go away. It resisted all attempts to select it for deletion. When clicking in the room, it appeared in red, but was otherwise invisible. I was hindered from putting a wall thru that area by this nether object. Was one of the start-overs. I have since given up on automatically generating stairwells in favor of using invisible walls/open-below.

I can't see anyway to mofify the roundtop windows to make them square. You can always delete them, then start a new plan using the default style, place a normal window in it, and then copy the window into the plan you are working in. I don't know of anyway to change the style once you have started a plan but you can always copy from one style to another.

I can't see any good way to move your whole floor down one level. I'm not sure that you have to though. The only real problem with designing your basement on floor 1 is that you have to make all of your walls concrete walls. The other problem is that your terrain is probably too low. You might be able to do this by setting your floor height lower.

For your problem with the stairwell, go into the Display Options and turn on invisible walls. You should be able to select the hidden wall that sometimes connects stair railings to other walls. Just delete it and you should be back to normal.