Threaded View

Red Face home designer 7 and what it doesn't do

I live in UK. I bought HD 7 just less than a year ago (from Amazon) as it seemed the appropriate level of the (then) current version for what I wanted, and I have been through all the training videos and tinkered occasionally, learning how to use it. Now I come to use it for some serious kitchen design I discover features missing that it didn't "say on the tin". For example there are no objects in the architectural block library - I could do with the pre-built kitchen islands. More significantly there are no terrain tools that allow me to have anything other than a flat site - I'm going to have to remodel the back garden after the extension is added. The training videos are sneakily for the HD Deluxe version - I am guessing that terrain features are part of deluxe as some buttons on the menu bar are missing compared with what's on the training video.

I'd upgrade, however deluxe 7 is no longer available. What is my best course for upgrade, given that (a) I'm in Europe (b) I'm not prepared to upgrade a £25 program to a £500 semi-professional version. And it's very hard discovering EXACTLY what features are supported in which package.

Or I try to buy HD 7 Deluxe cheaply on ebay . . .