Thread: Hdp 7.0

Threaded View

UnHappy Hdp 7.0

I have been using HDP 6.0 for 2 years, and feel I am somewhat proficient with the tool. I just upgraded to HDP 7.0, and have been experiencing the following problems:

* When I am in a render view, if I hover over any toolbar button, the tool tip that tries to display throws the program into an extended, lengthy re-rendering phase. It eventually comes out of its "coma", but this is aggravating and *slow*. I've tried changing some of the rendering settings, but so far have not stumbled onto the one(s) that fix it. This re-rendering problem is especially prevalent if I use the mouse move tool to rotate the view, then want to click on a toolbar button.

* Render views seem to regenerate much more often than they did in HDP 6.0. I have a decent graphics adapter (ATI FireGL V3100), so I wouldn't expect rendering problems. Yes, I have plenty of memory and the latest video drivers (updated/released within the past few days). Suffice it to say, HDP Pro 6.0 works much better.

* I am working with a plan that I ported from the older version. Seems to have ported reasonably well, except that there is a room that keeps "losing" its name. The master bath in the plan won't keep the name (or the default materials, either) if I press F12, to rebuild floors/walls/ceilings. There is a box window in the room, but otherwise I can't see anything unusual about it.

The re-rendering problem is the most troublesome. Is there a way to make it keep from redrawing the view over and over and over ... ? I can't believe others are having this problem, because if they were, no one would want to use the program.

Thanks for the help.