Thread: Hdp 7.0

Hybrid View

The following was posted over on the Chief Talk Forum and I thought I would paste it below as the software I'm running is HDP 7.0 not Chief.

There are known issues of tooltips and rendering on a FireGL. Currently, our best advice is to turn off tooltips, which can be done in the preferences. As far as we know, it's only an issue on those cards.
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Reply posted by dgsowers:
    Thanks Keith, you got me back working again. Have some interesting things to report on this:

Turning Display Tool Tips off in the Toolbar Customization does allow the program to Render as it should. I am still learning this software, so Tool Tips is a necessity for me. I have to turn these off prior to any Renders.

It will not Render on battery power...I must be plugged in. With Tool Tips on or off this makes no difference, it is a separate issue. It will stall on regenerating surfaces and task manager shows Program Not Responding with 99% system idle. I suppose its in the video card? You can plug the laptop back in and the Render completes immediately... Very Weird!!!

Please tell me there is a fix for this. I just spent $2400 on a top-of-the-line T60P IBM workstation laptop that is optimized and guaranteed to run most of the professional CAD packages. I can't believe this can't run your software and my 3 year old Fujitsu laptop does a better job. Please Help.