Hybrid View

Pro 8 display prob

I installed Pro 8, and downloaded the update and the hardware lock. I opened the program and tried a plan. Works fine at first. I tried a vector rendering and the image screen appears with out it's own window (no window frame or min/max/close buttons) centered over the buttons at the top of the computer screen, not in the frame work of the main program window. Moving the mouse pointer over where the buttons are covered and hidden by the screen shot caused them to show up one by one. The rendering starts to jump and flash up and down. All I can do is close the program. Tried two or three times with different plans, and also drew a quick square to try one made by the program. Same thing. I then inserted the cd and tried to do a program repair, the installer freezes. Tried to do an uninstall, and the cpu just sits there. I finally did a system restore (which I'm glad I manually set before I started this timely series of events) to get back to the beginning. I then reinsert the install disk to try and reinstall and it locks up in "checking disk space". I have 226 gigs of free drive. Essentially, I can't install the program, repair the program, or uninstall the program, let alone even use it. Sound familiar? Going to call support first thing Monday morning.
    Last edited by takesastud; 04-05-2009 at 07:23 AM.
    Robert
    HD Pro 8
    HD Pro7
    Duo core
    Vista 64-bit o.s.

Quote Originally Posted by takesastud
    I installed Pro 8, and downloaded the update and the hardware lock. I opened the program and tried a plan. Works fine at first. I tried a vector rendering and the image screen appears with out it's own window (no window frame or min/max/close buttons) centered over the buttons at the top of the computer screen, not in the frame work of the main program window. Moving the mouse pointer over where the buttons are covered and hidden by the screen shot caused them to show up one by one. The rendering starts to jump and flash up and down. All I can do is close the program. Tried two or three times with different plans, and also drew a quick square to try one made by the program. Same thing. I then inserted the cd and tried to do a program repair, the installer freezes. Tried to do an uninstall, and the cpu just sits there. I finally did a system restore (which I'm glad I manually set before I started this timely series of events) to get back to the beginning. I then reinsert the install disk to try and reinstall and it locks up in "checking disk space". I have 226 gigs of free drive. Essentially, I can't install the program, repair the program, or uninstall the program, let alone even use it. Sound familiar? Going to call support first thing Monday morning.
    This sounds like a video card problem. I would guess simply by the description that you are running Vista with an Intel Graphics Chipset. I see by your signarture it's Vista 64, which I run on two of my machines without issue.

There are some minor tweaks we can do to help but the Intel Graphics Chipsets tend to be very problematic on Vista.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

So far:

I did get the program reinstalled, but it still does the weird thing, or I think it's weird. The first thumbnail shows the green status bars frozen before displaying (got to work to get the rendering to appear), and the second shows the placement on the screen at the top over the main frame and tool bar (notice the buttons-I moused over them to make them appear).

I checked on the Vista/Intel issue, and most of it seems to be not having the Intel Chipset updated to the latest driver before the loading of s.p.1. It seems that the issues are mainly with the Intel Chipset 915 and the 945 g Express. Also read where Microsoft went lax with Intel so as to boost Intel's last quarter $$$. This cpu comes with the 965 Express and preloaded with Vista sp1 o.e.m. (doesn't mean it's not messed up). I'll give support another call in the morrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First Frame.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	8230   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd Frame.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	8231  
    Last edited by takesastud; 04-07-2009 at 03:26 AM.
    Robert
    HD Pro 8
    HD Pro7
    Duo core
    Vista 64-bit o.s.

Just an update: Learned all about the Vista/Intel conflict and there is hope yet in my world. CA support has been very helpful in getting the vector graphics under control, except the final rendering which is all Intel. Just waiting for my brand (Toshiba) to come out with their version of the Intel update. Anybody wanting to upgrade to Pro 8 needs to look at their chipset, if they have one, and make an informed decision (do the research) about this program and their cpu's capabilities. Thanks.
    Robert
    HD Pro 8
    HD Pro7
    Duo core
    Vista 64-bit o.s.