Baseboards in sunken room and Weird Floors

I have two problems that have just come up.

1) I have a sunken living room in my current house and in the remodel design (Home Talk Forum was enormously helpful in helping me to design this). However, I cannot get the Bone White color that I'm using for the baseboards to go across the areas where hallways or other rooms butt up against the sunken floor; the baseboards appear the correct color only where full walls exist (see jpg file). I've tried using soffits of the correct height, width and thickness, but for some reason they don't work; they end up being about two inches too high and I can't change them. This isn't a huge problem, but it does bother me.

2) This one is more serious. I recently changed some exterior walls because I realized I had mis-measured the dimensions, making the house slightly larger than it really was. It was only a foot or so, no big deal, but after moving interior fixtures around and changing the wall dimensions, the floors looked odd. "Weird Floors (and ceilings) 2" shows the lovely grass now growing in my kitchen and breakfast nook and an unintentional vaulted ceiling ("Weird Floors (and ceilings) 3" shows how it was before the change). By the way, the floor materials on the room dialogue is set correctly (to "natural oak") and the ceiling is set to ceiling above this room. "Weird Floors 1" shows the floor in my den/media room with some tile and some wood; "Weird Floors 4" shows the earlier version. What's up here? Have I messed up the foundation?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moldings.jpg 
Views:	1733 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weird Floors 1.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weird Floors (and ceilings) 2.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weird Floors (and ceilings) 3.jpg 
Views:	561 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weird Floors 4.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	530  

Which software version are you using, please?

I believe the color problem where the hallways and other rooms butt up to the sunken floor is due to an exposed 'platform edge.' In other words, a raw structural component of the house is showing, instead of a layer that normally gets finished. As far as I know, you can't change the platform edge using the material painter, but I believe it can be done using one of the DBXs. I just don't remember which one.

I don't understand why the soffit wouldn't work properly. That would seem to be the correct approach.

If you moved exterior walls, you should delete and rebuild the foundation. That is the way the program works.

Also, if you have any rooms that do not have a floor level of 0, which you obviously do with a sunken room, be aware there is a situation in some versions in which walls do not rebuild automatically when they should. Hitting F12 will rebuild the walls and clear the problem.

On the attached, the left hand opening is done with an invisible wall, while the right hand opening uses a doorway with suppressed casing. The first picture does not use a soffit, and the baseboard is missing across the invisible wall opening. The second uses a carefully placed very thin soffit. The baseboard automatically built across it.

These were done in Pro 7.06.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SunkenWithoutSoffit.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	531   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SunkenWithSoffit.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	532  

I have seen one or two plans where the floor material did not show that was not a result of room definition.

Sometimes you can fix this by manually creating a terrain hole.

Most of the time the problem is a result of a wall with no room def. set in one of the walls.

I would recommend sending this to support for diagnosis.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc