Hybrid View

walk out basement + foundation wall

I'm getting started with "Landscaping and Deck Designer" software. I have a difficult house & yard to model since I have a walk out basement and the house is on a hill.

I've started with the dimensions for the foundation. I entered the height of the foundation wall as 3'. Trouble is that the basement has a 7.5' wood wall on top of the 3' foundation.

Is there a way to model a foundation wall for a walk out basement where the wall is part concrete and part wood?

Don't know if you have the wall dbx that offers a pony wall in the wall type, with HD LS & DD, but if you do, select / open the wall you want the framed wall on top of the foundation wall and select pony wall for wall type. Again, that's if that option is available in your soft ware.
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

If you don't have pony walls, consider faking the look by using a box geometric shape, resized, with the appropriate material applied to it.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thanks for the ideas. Turns out that I don't have the pony wall option in my software.

I'm building a multi-story deck so I'm more concerned about getting accurate dimensions than I am with how the model looks.

So, as the experts, would you agree that I should just specify the actual wall height and skip the fact that it's a pony wall?

Thanks again...