Asymmetric Roof Overhang

I suspect what I'm asking isn't possible using Home Designer Suite 8 (8.5.5.18), but I'm trying to create a roof with an asymmetric overhang on two sides.

The roof in question is flat (or rather with the minimum pitch of 1.2) and is over a large living room which has floor to ceiling glass on two sides. Currently the overhang is set at 300mm, but I would like to extend this to 2000mm on the two sides over the glass walls to provide shade during the summer.

Is there any way of being able to do this by modifying the roof itself, or will I have to use a work-round method of placing a soffit of the correct dimensions and materials and height above ground so that it appears to be a roof overhang?

If you have invisible walls make a room to extend the overhang. Room needs to be open below.

Dean

OK, this is a down and dirty solution that may work for you. I created a box larger than I needed with all exterior walls and built a roof over it. Therefore the roof overhang was symmetrical all around. I then added two interior walls as far in as I wanted the asymmetrical overhang to be. To these interior walls I added floor to ceiling windows (the corner is still there, but somewhere on the BHG website is a corner window which will take care of this; I just didn't take the time to go find it). I then broke the exterior walls where they meet the interior walls, selected the broken pieces and turned them invisible. I selected the "outside" area and turned the flooring material to grass and lowered the floor height to -12". Not very pretty here, I know, but it only took about 10 minutes. With work I'm sure you could make it much nicer. Hope this helps!

It's difficult to see the overhangs properly in the camera view, so I have included the plan view where you can see that the effect you're looking for is actually achieved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glass Room.JPG 
Views:	272 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	8549   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glass Room Plan.JPG 
Views:	267 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	8550  
    Last edited by calsmom; 05-17-2009 at 04:47 AM.
    Calsmom
    Home Designer Architectural 2014

Many thanks guys, I've tried both methods and that suggested by calsmom, creating additional external walls the size of the overhang, then making them invisible, works great. Mainly because the fascia and the eaves are then a consistent thickness and colour with the rest of the roof edge, whereas if you use a soffit, unless you duplicate it, one immediately on top of the other, the underside is the same colour as the roofing material itself, resulting in a mismatch with the rest of the overhang.