Thread: Foundation

Hybrid View

Foundation

I have version Home Designer 6.0. and have a question. I don't see any way to create a sort of split level foundation. I don't know the technical term for it, but basically, the back of my house in the basement, is completely above ground. The sides start fully above, and taper off to below ground, while the front of the house is completely underground. I don't see a way to do this, as I lowered the terrain on the back of the house and put insdie walls, but that doesn't open up the back of the house. Not sure this is possible with this edition. thx.

I am assuming that you are using suite 6.0 as the plain Home Designer 6.0 does not have terrain elevation features.

1 Make sure you have the latest updates.

2 select the terrain perimeter

3 Open the terrain perimeter specifications

4 Uncheck auto calculate elevation and flatten building pad

You should now be able to change the elevation of the terrain without having it climb the sides of the building.

There are some other threads on this subject if you search for terrain you should find them.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Thumbs up thx

I have noted this info and also searched on terrain and found this is not an uncommon question. sorry for the repeat question with out thoroughly checking the forum. I will give it a try when I get home.

I do have one more question. you were right, I do have the HD suite 6.0 with update. but what is the difference between that and the deluxe version that I see out there.

Home designer deluxe is a newer version of the software and has more features such as automatic one click dormers, layout grid and other features. There is a comparison matrix on our website:

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...Deluxe-Pro.pdf

Also keep in mind there are some great deals on PRO 6 right now. I saw it on amazon for ~$350. It retails for $495. If you are still within 30 days you could get that and return the suite for a refund if you desire more capabilities.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc