Thread: Shed roofs

Threaded View

Shed roofs

Hi

I am using BHG Designer Pro 7 and have almost finished my 1st project with the exception of the following problem.

As the attached images show, my building block is 2-levels separated by a retaining wall. The 1st (higher) level is 2300mm above sea level and the second (lower) level is at sea level. Both levels are flat. I have used a terrain break and terrain lines to model this on BHG Pro 7.

On the 1st level there is a single storey structure with a shed roof that slopes from North to South at 8 deg (arbitrary) pitch.

On the 2nd level is a double storey structure with a shed roof that slopes from South to North at 8 deg (arbitrary) pitch.

Both structures (single and double) are supposed to butt against each other to produce a seamless single dwelling.

The problem is that I cannot get rid of the hole in the gable walls created where the two shed roof planes join. The hole can be seen on the North & South elevations of the attached images. The only way I can 'solve' it is to separate the 'butting' walls by a minimum of 210mm (this figure was found by trial and error).

The attached images are a simple test structure I created to demonstrate the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EndElevation.JPG 
Views:	256 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	3147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LowerFloorPlan.JPG 
Views:	264 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	3148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NorthElevation.JPG 
Views:	269 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	3149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SouthElevation.JPG 
Views:	271 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	3151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UpperFloorPlan.JPG 
Views:	258 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	3152