Hybrid View

Split levels

I am fairly new to Design Center - think it's great! One of the projects I am working on is to put a deck on the north elevation of my home. I thought I would start by by building a shell version of my house to scale with exterior details on the affected elevation only (North). No interior details since I am only interested in how the design will look on the outside. My problem is that I live in a split level where I have a full foundation under Level 2, a half foundation under Level 1 and a slab under the attached garage. The foundation on the non-garage part is on the average 3 feet above grade. I'm havings problems trying to:

Raise the exposed part of the foundation the appropriate amount above grade,

How to do split levels.

Is this outside the realm of this application? I tried attaching an image of the house but DC tells me the file (jpeg) is too big?

Help much appreciated.

WB,

I'm pretty sure your product will be able to produce the split level.
    If you want our help we need more information.

It will be very helpful to all of us if you would enter the Name of your BH&G product and the Version in your Signature. To enter the information in your signature, click on Quick Links near the top of the page by Log Out. In the drop-down box click Edit Signature. Enter your information and click Save Signature.

What level does the "front door" open into?
    What level is the Garage.

In the attached photo's I have created a side split/tri-level

Crawl space under Main entry level, Full or Daylight basement with a full story above. The garage is on the Main Level but can be lowered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tri1.JPG 
Views:	241 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	5125   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tri2.JPG 
Views:	264 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	5126  

Splits

Daydreamer, Enter front door level 2 above full basement. Level 1 is a family room built into a half height (approx 4 feet) foundation. In other words the floor is a slab the walls are half foundation and half wood framing. Garage is on level 1 on a slab attached to the family room. Level 3 is over level 1 and cantilevers out 2 feet front and back. Six steps up from basement into level 1six steps up into level two, and six steps up into level 3. If you face the house front elevation form left to right you have LR / Kitch Level 2, then Level 3 over level 1 and then garage. In the same order full basement, half basement and then slab (garage). I tried to attach a jpeg of the house and a full overview of my failed attempt at this, but both times it was rejected because the file was too large. If I were able to treat each 0 floor level separately I would probably be able to do what I want but I can't seem to make it happen. Also keep in mind that there is appox 3 feet of exterior exposed foundation above grade level 1 and level 2 - again I can't figure out how to do this.
    Bill R.
    BH & G Home Design Suite 7.0
    Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ
    2 Gigs Ram
    Wondows XT Pro Most Recent Version

Bill,

In the attached pictures Level 0 = both foundations with a full basement on one half and a 48" basement on the other.

Level 1 on the Left over basement has a floor level of 0 (zero) The right side of Level 1 has a floor level of 48" with a Ceiling Height of 97-1/8"

I have removed some of the exterior walls so that you can see the floors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	256 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	5138  

Thanks

Daydreamer, Thanks for the help. I'll take a shot at this tonight and let you know how I make out.
    Bill R.
    BH & G Home Design Suite 7.0
    Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ
    2 Gigs Ram
    Wondows XT Pro Most Recent Version

You're welcome Bill.

Think of it this way - Levels can have various Floor Heights. However, you can't have 2 floor heights claiming the same area on the same Level.