Trim Boards For Tudor Style House

Several questions: BHG Landscaping and Deck Designer

I have a tudor style house with vertical and horzontal trim boards over stucco Hardi panels on the exterior of my house.

1. Am I able to create and apply trim boards other than corner boards using this software? If so, how do I create them and how do I apply them to the exterior of my house.

2. I have applied stucco panels to the exterior of my house but I want to make them a different color. If I apply a color to the exterior I lose the stucco texture. Can I change the color of the stucco and retain the stucco texture?

See: http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=902

You can use the soffit tool . Place a soffit 1x6 on the wall you need the trim. Size and reshape in the 3D view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stucco.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	650  
    Nibal Elsaadi
    Saadi Investments, LLC ~ Privatized Suburban Renewal
    www.Saadi-Investments.com

Nibal,

Thank you for the response but does BHG Landscape and Deck Designer have this "soffit tool". I can't seem to find it.

I don't know if you do. If so , it should be a child button of the cabinet tool or under build/cabinet/soffit
    Nibal Elsaadi
    Saadi Investments, LLC ~ Privatized Suburban Renewal
    www.Saadi-Investments.com

No cabinet or soffit tools in landscape program. If you are determined to make your trim boards, you can use the "box" from the library and resize it to any size you want.

You can create new materials so you should be able to create a stucco color you want but you will have to modify one of the shipped jpgs or find a new one on the web.

Kilgore,

Thanks for the response.

How do I create new materials.....you mention modifying one of the jpg's....unsure as to how to go about this.

The easiest way to create a new material is to copy one that is already close to what you want. Click with your right mouse button on the material you want to copy in the library browser and hit copy. Next, right click in your "my materials" folder and paste the copy. Now you can "open" the copied material and make changes to it.

If you want to modify a jpg, you have to first find it. Most of the jpgs that ship with the program are installed in a folder called "textures" and have the same names as the materials. Find the one you like, using Windows Explorer, and make a copy of the file into your "my textures" folder. Once you have a copy of the jpg file, you will need to open it in a photo type editing program where you should be able to change the color. You can also download new jpgs from the web and put them in this same folder for using with materials. Once you have a new jpg file you want to use, you can select it when you are editing the material in the program.