Clearstory How-To

I am building a small "bath house" that is a separate structure to support camping. The design we want is a simple post and beam shed roof over a rectangular room (subdivided into a few smaller rooms), with the shed roof extending laterally to form a covered outside area.

In front of the enclosed part of the structure, (which is the high part of the full gable shed roof) we want windows at the top (forming a clearstory) with a simple shed roof porch in front, connecting below the windows. This is a pretty standard and simple design that will help collect sunlight since the clearstory faces south.

Of course I am having trouble with how to get the roof to work correctly. Without adding the porch, things work sort of but everything I try to get the porch roof happening redraws the whole roof and turns it into something else.

Simple goal of a post and beam shed roof with shed roofed porch pitched the opposite direction and connecting below the clearstory windows...how do I achieve this?

Thanks in advance - hoping to use HD 7.04 to create the building permit application plans ...

Take a look at this thread on clerestory windows: http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...ght=clerestory