Hybrid View

Smile Interface the walkway to fit with the object's contours

I am learning the Architectural Home Designer 9 software but get into the problem of how to make (intergrate) the walkway interface with the contour of other objects (round, corner, or slab..) I do not see the software allow us to add points so we could not adjust the layout properly.
    My question is: How you handle this problem? How to control it? where in the reference manual talked about this.

My export picture show you 3 circles to represent the problems I am talking about. If you requested then I will attache the plan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walkway interface1.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	9352  

As a general rule, the Terrain Sidewalk tool should connect to other sidewalks to form nicely connected pathways. See attached image. There is no way to connect sidewalks to other types of objects, such as walls. Also you can't modify the end of a sidewalk to make it form a shape such as a curve. For these situations you might get better results using Terrain Feature which can be made to be any arbitrary shape.

Name:	sidewalks.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	9359  
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principle Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

my solution

Hi Dermot,
    I am glade to have a pro to involve. I agreed with you that walkway can intergrate well to each other but my experiment show me that I can also intergrate walk way with the curve wall or a slab by just reduce the walway to a negative value so it will be under neat of other object. From outside look like I made the walkway intergrate smoothly with the curve or square corner.
    Please see my orriginal question and please see my solution picture attached.

What do you think? what is the draw back if I approach the problem this way?

Name:	Interace different contours problem.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	9365   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Interace different contours solution.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	9366  

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot Dempsey View Post
    For these situations you might get better results using Terrain Feature which can be made to be any arbitrary shape.
    The tool that Dermot describes has some good information on it in this Help Database article - http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=864
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7