Hybrid View

How do I place windows into very thick walls?

I am using Architectural Home Designer 9.0.

I'm building a Tuscan style home and wish the windows and doors to be very deep in the exterior walls.

The doors are no problem. In a very thick wall the doors attach to the interior side of the opening.

But the windows attach to the exterior side of the walls. That's the problem.

I've included two pictures to illustrate what I want and what I get.

In the first picture, the windows furthest from the near corner show show the effect I don't want.
    The two windows nearest the corner show the effect I want - they're deepset into the walls.

To do this, I created my exterior walls, then changed the thickness to about 14 inches. I then created an interior wall along all the exterior walls using the default interior wall tool - see the 2nd picture for clarification. I placed my windows into the interior walls, then placed corresponding doorways into the exterior walls. (I did the same thing with the doors, just so there would be an outside door opening.) Going to a full camera view on the outside, I clicked the doorways and brought the bottoms up to the height of the window bottoms, then suppressed the sashing.

This gives me the exact look I want - BUT! It involves more steps than normal, and I'm absolutely sure the interior walls are going to give me trouble somewhere along the way. I used invisible walls to connect the interior walls to the exterior walls before I moved them up against the exterior walls, just in an attempt to ward off future trouble.

At any rate, is there a way to make the windows attach to the inside of exterior walls like the doors do? Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export window in deep walls problem.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	9367   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export window problem diagram.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	9368  

According to the Help Database, it looks like you need to have Pro to be able to adjust the Inset value for windows - http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=419
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7