Designer Pro 6 Tutorial CDs

I would like to copy the contents of the 2 tutorial CDs onto my hard drive and access them directly from there without having to insert the correct CD anytime I want to review a tutorial.

Is this possible? The menu of tutorials does not allow to designate a path to my hard drive.

Thanks for any help.

You can copy the cd's then use windows media player to browse to each individual video. There is not a clean way to place the cd's on the hard drive and have the interface work correctly.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Tutorial CD's on hard drive

Hi Bob,

Since the tutorials were created with Camtasia Studio and I have that program, I thought it would be feasible to copy the tutorials onto my hard drive and not have to worry about swapping CD's for tutorials. I copied the tutorial avi's into a folder on my hard drive and then used Camtasia Studio's menu maker to create a menu structure for the tutorials. The procedure works very well and I'm able to watch the tutorials while using HD Pro. However, it doesn't work through the menu structure of HD. I dragged my screenmenu file down to the quick launch toolbar where it's quite easy to start it up and watch the videos. I like this procedure better since it uses Camtasia's player and I don't have to navigate through the Windows Explorer to start a video which would use the Media Player.

When a tutorial CD is inserted for the first time an autorun.ini file is initiated which starts up a setup file. The program is installed at C:\Program Files\ART Inc\Home Designer 60 Training Videos. In there you will see the screenmenu.exe file which is executed from within HD. I renamed my menu file to match it, but it came back with an invalid file type. Maybe with some more tinkering, I can get it to work from within HD. It would be nice to have the tutorials come up within HD menu, but I haven't had any luck yet. Hope this helps you out.

Terry
    Last edited by stuzman; 04-20-2004 at 05:46 PM.