architectural blocks

If I create a prairie, can it be saved as an architectural block? If yes, how would I do that?

Only the Chief Architect version will allow you to create blocks, or add them to the Library Browser as a single units for future use.

You could still group select the objects though, to move them as a single unit.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thank you, Kat.

I recently "upgraded" from HD 10 to HD 2014. In HD10, it was possible to group items together using 'architectural blocks'. Now I am learning that the "upgrade" does not allow this...or am I missing something? Doesn't seem like much of an "upgrade" when one of the most used features is taken away.

rockyndl - This original post was from 2009, features have changed and been improved in newer versions.

This article indicates that Architectural Blocks can be created with Pro and Architectural now.

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=191
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thanks for setting me straight!
    I'll try to remember the adages and read the fine print next time...before allowing these fingers to type.
    I don't use this program all that much...only when I need to do a drawing (doing the actual renovating most of the time) and its kinda frustrating to try to relearn everything under pressure(!). I love the results I get from this program (and I have had it on my computer in some form since The Chief was a single digit), even if I periodically pester others to get there.
    ...until next time, thanks to you and all for trolling and 'suffering' foolish users like me(!).