Sitting room above garage

I am having a problem creating a sitting room that comes off my bedroom. I have tried using some of the tutorials but I seem to continue getting the wrong look. The sitting room is actually in the roof above the garage. Below I have attached a picture of my home, the floor layout, and the result that I am getting. What am I doing wrong? I am using Home Designer 8.0. I ran an exterier wall where the interier wall was and just created a gable roof off of the garage and it looked right from the outside, but then I couldn't create the room in the inside. The last picture is an image of that, which looks right, but I know I didn't do it the correct way. I just want to know what the proper way to do this is. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camera 606.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	9752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floor plan.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	9753   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Home model.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	9754   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	home model 2.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	9755  

IF it is true that you're using the basic HD 8, and not a more advanced package, then I suspect getting the results you want will be a little tricky. Have you tried looking in the help database for articles that apply to your software package? http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/.../database.html

Here is an article that should provide some guidance for what you're hoping to achieve:
    http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=904

The sitting room, in your plan, is probably in the attic space of the lower floor, while the room behind it (i.e., the one in the top left corner of your plan) is on the same floor as your bedroom.

Hope this helps.

p.s. That is a nice looking house.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10