built-in shelving

Hello I am using Architectural home designer 8.0. Can someone please give me specific instructions on how to do it. I understand you can use a wall niche but I am having trouble seeing how to do this as well. Cant find a specific article on how to make a wall niche or built in. I am not looking for fireplace or theatre room niche or anything major like that. just a simple wall built in that will house hundreds of DVDs. Any specific assistance will be appreciated. thanks.

I prefer to make my built-in shelves using a doorway (the bottom dragged up in 3D view to the desired height), and then use a creatively sized cabinet behind (or in) the opening for the shelves. Alternatively, you can use multiple shelf objects and manually place each one ... although this last suggested method can become tedious.

The article you referred to about the theater room niche is still applicable, but you need to think about how (as with all of the articles in the help database) to make it match your particular idea and purpose.

Hope this helps.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

Thanks Elovia

I had to change the wall to make my niche and added the doorway like you said. It was easier and came out great. I have enclosed the end results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dvd niche.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	9873