Threaded View

The only way to prevent seeing the sloped roof on the inside of the shed roof dormer is to raise the ceiling height of the floor before adding the dormer (and thus the height of the side walls) so that the lowest part of the dormer is above the ceiling height. You can change the height of the dormer in the Dormer Specification dialog.

An alternative method rather than using a dormer is to build a first floor, then build a second floor and place the walls where you want them. Then configure the roof pitches of the two floors to meet at a common ridge line. I don't have Suite, so I'm not sure if you have the tools in Suite to make this task easy (i.e., allowed to set the ridge elevation). Of course it can also be done after a little mathematical computation and setting then pitches to those values.

The first approach assumes smaller than normal side walls for the second floor. The second approach will allow you to use a full height side wall on the second floor, but may be a bit trickier to accomplish.

Hope this helps to inspire creativity toward solving the problem.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10