stuck, on my roof!

I am using Architectural Home Designer 9 to draw our existing side by side split(?) house. I am having difficulty with the roof on one side.

I cannot generate a roof that is just 2 planes meeting at the peak which is how it exists. see pic 1.
    Also, at some point a hole in the side of the next level occured which I can't seem to get rid of either.

The roof is over an entry, living room, dining room that have a vaulted ceiling and a kitchen with a standard 8' ceiling.
    see pic 2 for floor plan. You may notice I have "pulled off to the side" certain parts of the house as it seemed the only way I could generate a straight roof line over bay windows.

It appears the roof is being generated in three parts. One part over the kitchen, one over the dining area, & one over living/entry.
    I have altered floor heights, ceiling heights etc to achieve the roof shown in pic 1 which is close but not exact. I would like exact!!(Auto roof is off.)
    I have tried building a room above the dining area, labeled as 'open below', and the results are shown in pics 3 & 4. Although the hole in the wall of the 2nd level disappears!?

I have gone back through others' posts, tried various things but can't seem to move beyond this point...I am stuck on my roof !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 1.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	10291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic2.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	10292   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic3.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	10293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic4.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	10294  
    landscaping & deck designer v8.0

Have you tried an invisible wall extending out from the dining room ext. wall along side the kitchen? This, in effect, makes the exterior one straight line and should make the eaves line up. Worth a try?
    Vikki
    HD Pro 9.0

thanks Vikki.
    Maybe I didn't describe my problem very well. The eaves taking a jog in toward the kitchen is correct.
    What is not correct is that in actuality my existing roof slopes down on each side from the peak as one continuos plane.
    However, the roof generated by the program ends part way down, overlapping the next roof. It is very clearly visible where the roof is over the wall seperating the dining room from the kitchen (...I think that is an eaves trough(?) and the kitchen roof comes out from underneath that. On the other side, the living room roof overlaps the dining room roof, with a height distance of an inch or two ...only visible in the 3D view by a white line.

clear as mud?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof overlaps.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	10295  

Roofs are figured using the Pythagoras theorem, square root of A squared+B squared=C squared. So from the center, a 4"/12" roof pitch steps down or up 4" every 12". So, for a roof plane to work, the walls need to be exactly the same height at the same run (distance) from center (rise). When you alter the run of one side, then the walls step down or up 4" for every 12". The difference seen at the tail between the roof height on the top roof to the lower roof is the length you need to add to the outer wall for the pitches to match and make one continuous run. Hope this helps.
    Robert Elmes

Residential Carpenter
    Home Improvement & Repair, LLC

Home Designer Pro 7, 8, 9

Robert, thanks for the rescue. I found the error of my ways in the lengths of my walls & Wahoo! I have my roof.
    Greatly appreciated, J