Thread: boxed eaves

boxed eaves

For boxed eaves, I would like to make the box at the wall corner, not all the way out to the edge of the fascia. By this I mean the box is recessed back from the edge of the fascia by the full depth of the soffit.

How to do this?
    HD Pro 2012
    Windows 7 32 bit

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. If the image provided below is not what you had in mind, can you provide an example image?

Take, for example, a simple rectangular building with gable ends. Do you want the full boxed eave on the lower eaves that run parallel to the ridge but you want to stop it short from extending out to the facia on the gable end? If so, I created the boxed eave manually in the image below (please excuse the strange viewing angle) using a wedge from the library (found in the geometric shapes category). It will take some nudging and fussing to get it properly sized and aligned.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soffit2.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	10350  
    Last edited by Elovia; 03-23-2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: to add the sample image
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

yes, like that. flat soffit run straight in on the eave side, then boxed where the wall intersects with soffit.

I will try that wedge shape and see what happens.
    HD Pro 2012
    Windows 7 32 bit