terrain wall - not

When I try to make a terrain wall, it comes out as a terrain path.
    I clicked the "straight terrain wall" tool, drew my wall, made it 6" wide and 40" high, and it came out flat. Also when I open it for specification it says it is a terrain path, not a wall.

I would like to make a landscape wall to build a large planter type raised bed area. How do I do this?

Attached are two pictures, the first one is the result and the second one is the specification dialogue box. The wall is supposed to be where the turquoise area is. Also I notice in this shot that the garage slab/curb foundation is also missing and replaced by a similar turquoise area. Makes me wonder if there is something not set to display in 3D but I can't find anything on the list that could be either of these two items.

In 3D view, what does the turquoise area mean? Does it mean there is a display layer not turned on in 3D?

I get one under the garage, one where I built my "terrain wall" and another one under the house. pic of the one under the house is attached. the garage and wall ones are shown on previous post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	10371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled1.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	10372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	261 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	10374  
    HD Pro 2012
    Windows 7 32 bit

First, don't panic. There is nothing wrong with the tool you used and probably nothing wrong with your plan.

The Terrain Path is really more of a hybrid object that is used to build many other objects that work with the terrain engine. If you draw a Terrain Wall, Terrain Curb, or even a Terrain Sidewalk, you will really be drawing a Terrain Path. These are all basically the same type of object under the hood. They all follow the terrain, have a given width and height, and can have a material applied to them.

BTW, Terrain Features are also hybrid objects and lots of other terrain tools are really just terrain features under the hood.

I suspect that the reason that you can't see your terrain wall in your camera view is because the layer is turned off in your Layer Display Options dialog. Check to see if your layer for "Roads, Sidewalks" is turned on. You should also notice a read "+" sign indicating that the layer has objects currently using it.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principle Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Dermot: eureka! that was it. roads and sidewalks layer turned off in 3d. thank you.
    HD Pro 2012
    Windows 7 32 bit