EXACT Wall Lengths

Hi,

New to this software today, been playing for a few hours and I simply CANNOT make walls the exact length I need. They always alter to the nearest 10mm, e.g. if I specify a wall as 2456mm in the 'Wall Specification' box and save, it will show as 2460mm. I go back into the Wall Specification box and it has indeed changed the measurement I entered. I have searched the videos, the help files, the forum... can't see any mention. I'm trying to layout a kitchen and cabinets come pretty accurate, I really don't want gaps due to software that can't be accurate. In fact UK bricks are normally given as a half mm measurement (102.5mm), which might seem over the top until you have a load stacked up and find you're out by 50mm! Can this software (Pro) handle more accurate than 1 mm, or is 10mm the best it can do (which I can't believe)?

I have tried altering snap value, decimal places, etc but nothing seems to help.

Have I bought a product that can't handle metric properly or am I missing something very obvious (so obvious I haven't found a solution for 2 hours of looking...)

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andy
    London, UK

Home Designer Pro 9.0

It will drive you crazy if you are trying to draw exact each step of the way. Just get it as close as you can and then go back after you put your dimensions in. It should be obvious which walls need to move. Select that wall and click on the dimension thats already there. Then in the box put the exact dimension in and hit enter. Do your exterior walls first.

Article Number 245: How to move walls using dimensions

http://video.homedesigner.chiefarchi...ideo/play/2089

http://video.homedesigner.chiefarchi...ideo/play/2026

Dean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dia.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	10382  
    HD9 Pro Demo

You are, of course... correct!

That was a very fast reply and I can now go to bed (11.30 here) with a happier brain.

Many thanks.
    London, UK

Home Designer Pro 9.0