Question Resize built in (cabinet) oven

Hi,

I've added an integrated / built-in oven to a cabinet but the oven is too wide and tall. Once in, I can't then select the oven to resize or get that dialogue in the cabinet/default settings. If I place the oven as free standing, after the warning message about it needing to into a cabinet which I ignore, I can then edit the oven size - but then it won't integrate into a cabinet.

Is there a way of resizing an integrated appliance? In the library somehow?
    Yes, I'm a newbie!

many thanks,

Andy
    London, UK

Home Designer Pro 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney23 View Post
    I've added an integrated / built-in oven to a cabinet but the oven is too wide and tall. Once in, I can't then select the oven to resize or get that dialogue in the cabinet/default settings. If I place the oven as free standing, after the warning message about it needing to into a cabinet which I ignore, I can then edit the oven size - but then it won't integrate into a cabinet.

Try this, I tested it in the Pro 9 trial.

Article Number 1030: How to edit an object and add it back to the Library

Place the wall oven in the plan as an independent object (when prompted that it is meant to be placed in a cabinet, click Yes and then click in plan to place it).

Select it, open its dialog, change its measurements, click OK, then select Add to Library, rename it and put it into your user libraries.

When you go to place the one you modified from the Library Browser, it will be the size that you selected and can still be placed in a wall cabinet.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Extraordinary. It worked. Thank you v much Kat.

My latest problem is that when I change a horizontal cabinet handle to vertical, it stays in the same place (ie middle of the door) when I want it on the right or the left. I try and change the 'in from' and 'Down from' attributes within 'Base Cabinet Specification/Hardware' and it refuses to accept my numbers (revertes to default as soon as I click out of the box). I guess I have to change the default settings for the whole file, it was the same with the worktop thickness. But if I can't change an attribute in the 'open object/specifications' box, then why have the details and input box there at all? I've also had cabinet (and everything else) sizes magically change without any notice, despite me inputting accurate figures. Should I start up yet another thread for this?

Andy
    London, UK

Home Designer Pro 9.0

My latest problem is that when I change a horizontal cabinet handle to vertical, it stays in the same place (ie middle of the door) when I want it on the right or the left.
    It sounds like you need to change the door to a Left Door or a Right Door on the Front tab.

it refuses to accept my numbers (revertes to default as soon as I click out of the box).
    (D) stands for Default, and as long as you leave that in the dialog, as soon as you click out, it will revert to the default. Make sure that you delete the (D).
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Kat,

You've done it again!

Thank you, your help has so far saved me about 2 hours I reckon, maybe more. Who knows how long it would have taken me to work it out?! At this rate I need to put you on a retainer Kat.

Andy
    London, UK

Home Designer Pro 9.0