Threaded View

Using Architectural Home Designer 9. Need to make a structural drawing to pull row house remodel building permits for a new skylight. Near flat roof (1/2 in incline over 1 foot) with roof beams 24 inches on center. Ceiling framing is 16 inches on center. Nothing aligns so I need to re-frame. How do I draw this framing to show new headers, etc, that will support new skylights? I can't seem to get into any framing details. My default setting for exterior walls is brick-6. Interior wall setting is interior-4. I see framing in the library, but have no idea how to engage or display it. I can only find framing for decks in display options. Should I try to use deck framing tools to display? I only need 2D. Woe. Thanks.

I don't need the program to design framing. I can do that. I want a way to display framing. I've tried using CAD draw box to create structural members (joists, headers, etc) and combined these with interior walls to make a drawing. It works, but it's tedious. Just wondered if anyone else had come up with a work around. Right now, the framing structure for a skylight is automatically generated, but I cannot display framing without the roof, which covers up what I need to show for permit drawings. IDEAS???
    home designer 9