how to edit post to beam on deck

I am using homepro ver 9
    I have a second story wrap around deck covered by a roof and ceiling. The house has a gable roof with truss's 24" on center. The deck is on 3 sides of the house 8 feet wide. The trusses extend to the edge of the deck. The house is in snow country at 6000 feet so the load on the post to beam will be substantial. The first floor has 12 foot ceilings. I have created the deck using railings that have the post to beam option turned on. I then used advanced deck framing. I am not able to select the posts or ceiling beam to check the sizes and/or edit them. I can select and edit the posts below the deck, the deck planking and other objects. When I attempt to select the railing parts I get the entire railing. Is there a way I can access the railing components to edit them?
    Attached Files Attached Files

First comes the disclaimer that Pro will not perform any engineering (including sizing beams and columns); you will need a real live engineer (preferably one that is licensed in your area) to perform those calculations for you - unless you are one yourself.

Next, you should be able to specify the newel size (and spacing) in the Railing Specification dialog. Select the railing and open the Railing Specification dialog, then set the newel size on the Newels/Balusters tab.

However, if you're wanting to use something other than square (or round) posts, then you can reduce the size of the newel and then place a column or other millwork from the library over the top; this will take more work and attention to detail, but offers a more rewarding and flexible design.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10