Railings and shower walls...

Ok, so I have 2 different home plans.(on the same theme plan) On one, I can make the glass walls of the shower, by using a 'solid' railing, and no 'handrail' appears at the top. On another plan, I can not make a solid railing without the handrail appearing at the top. It's as if it's a glitch or something. I have both set the same, as in all elements, but on the one plan that doesn't work, if I use a panel, it comes out wavy, and if I use solid, I have a visible handrail at the top, and nothing I can do removes it. I have checked the 'edit plan', walls, etc, all are the same in both programs.

I love this program, but I know it's not just something I am forgetting/missing, and I seem to have a LOT of glitches between the different plans. One plan I had to abandon way into it, because when I got half way through, you could NOT remove the casings/sills from the lower part of the windows, even though, they were removed from the other parts of the windows. It looked really stupid.

I hope someone can shed some light on this current glitch with the railings, because it is driving me crazy.
    I am using AH 9.0.

Incidentlly, it would be really nice if there was a way to copy rooms/regions/ elements from one plan to another....unless I have not figured it out, it's something I wished this program did.

Thanks
    Architectural Home Designer 9.0
    I'm limited by my video card, not my imagination...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne22 View Post
    One plan I had to abandon way into it, because when I got half way through, you could NOT remove the casings/sills from the lower part of the windows, even though, they were removed from the other parts of the windows. It looked really stupid.

I hope someone can shed some light on this current glitch with the railings, because it is driving me crazy.
    I am using AH 9.0.

Incidentlly, it would be really nice if there was a way to copy rooms/regions/ elements from one plan to another....unless I have not figured it out, it's something I wished this program did.
    Your signature says you have Interior Designer, but in your post you say AH 9.0 ... do you mean to say you're using Architectural Home Designer 9?

I cannot answer your question about the railings without seeing the plan (and this isn't a request to do so) because of the many different settings one could use when setting up a railing. Likewise for the window sill problem. An image of your settings and an image of what you're seeing would help ... a picture is worth a thousand words, and all that ...

As for copying areas ... see if you have the Edit Area tool in the Edit menu (i.e., Edit -> Edit Area -> Edit Area, Edit Area visible, Edit Area all floors, Edit Area all floors visible). If you do, use that tool to select and copy, then Paste or Paste Hold Position into your new plan. You might have a different tool called Move Area. I'm not sure in which tier of software title that command changes.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

Yes, I recently upgraded to AH 9.0.

Thanks for the reply.
    Architectural Home Designer 9.0
    I'm limited by my video card, not my imagination...

Have you set the railing material to "opening-no material" ?
    Vikki
    HD Pro 9.0