Decking Direction

I am new here and just stated using Home Designer Suite 9.0. I have my existing house entered (which was easy), and have started adding my new deck and screened in porch. Here's the problem. When I go to change the decking direction my room specification box opens, and "Room Type" is DECK. But I only have tabs that say General, Structure, moulding, fill style and materials. According to the tutorial, i should have a tab that says "Deck" , where I can change decking direction. Can anyone offer any assistance?

Welcome to the forum. As far as I know (and I could be wrong), the Deck tab only applies to Architectural Home Designer, Home Designer Pro or Chief Architect, not Home Designer Suite. As suggested, double check to make sure the tutorial you were following applies to Suite.

However, that said, you still have some minor control over your deck. You can change railing options in the Railing Specification dialog, and you can rotate the flooring texture by following the linked tutorial: http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=863
    Last edited by Elovia; 04-04-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: additional information
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10