Deck Beam Deletion

Hi, Having trouble with the pre-made deck view. When the 3d view renders the deck it shows an extra support beam in the center of the deck-- the deck is 15x33- I don't need the extra support shown because the framing is adequate with one beam. Is it possible to delete the extra posts and beam in the center of the deck?

Welcome to the forum Josh. If you've used Advanced Deck Framing on your deck (i.e., if your software supports ADF), then you should have full control over the members once they are created, and you should be able to select them individually and either delete them or modify them as necessary. By your statement about the adequacy of the frame and the beam is not required, may I assume you've performed the engineering calculations required to verify as such? Keep in mind that this software does not perform any engineering calculations, and most framing drawn is "standard" and member sizes and connections absolutely should be verified as adequate by a professional licensed structural engineer.

Which software title and version are you using?
    Last edited by Elovia; 04-04-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: to add the engineering disclaimer
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10