"L" Swimming Pool Design

Is there anyway to create an "L" shaped swimming pool in Designer Pro 6?

There is no standard "L" shaped pool object, but do we have the ability to create and save our own objects?

Or, are there 3rd parties that have a library of furniture, appliance, door, window, etc objects that can be shared or purchased to supplement the objects that come with the product?

Thanks for any help.

To create and save objects requires Chief Architect Full Version. You can create a swimming pool relatively easily in Pro or suite. I would suggest trying to use the terrain features and changing the materials. You will notice under landscaping there is a water material.

Try creating a feature region then create a hole the shape you want. Next use a soffit and place it below grade and assign it a material of water.

There are probably other ways to do this I welcome any of you to reply with your solutions to this problem.

Thanks,
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Pool / Canal

I'm attempting to use this thread as a starting point to model the canal system connecting my homesite to the Intercoastal Waterway. My site has only an awkward view to the Waterway, but a valuable one none the less.

With all the rebuilding after the hurricanes, my neighbors are also trying to maximize their waterviews, so the model should allow me to predict the impact of surrounding construction on my view.

I've been able to model a serpentine terrain feature (the open edges of this water feature have been closed as this seems to be a requirement for a feature like this). I'm having some trouble getting the boundry of the feature to snap to dimensions. My real difficulty is with adding elevations. The water is at sea level (0), the edge of the feature is a seawall at elevation 4'-0, the first 10 feet landward of the seawall is level at 4'-0 also, the next 15'-0 slopes up to the house base elevation of 13'-0. This is typical at all canal edges.

When I add elevation information, the Build Terrain icon seems to ignore the feature at 0' elevation. Should I work out the terrain elevation before I add the canal feature? Do I really need to call the canal a hole?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff Kreider
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry, HD Pro 6.0.

Jeff