Defining Wall placement

I am a new user, but have some experience with other CAD programs. I cannot find solutions in either the refence manual or the users guide.

I am going around in circles trying to dimension walls in both a tutorial and a simple project because I cannot figure out how to fix a starting point and/or endpoint if needed. I have experimented with different settings of the lock in the general tab of the wall specifications, but cannot get it to work anywhere near what I would expect. Changing a dimension invariably changes another or angled wall endponts do not remain connected.

How do I display the origin?

How do I define object relations?
    Tim Lenfesty
    Home Designer Pro 9

2089 Dimensions: Placing Objects Precisely

Article Number 986: How to accurately position walls

You can't lock layers in the Home Designer programs, but based on your description, you may be going about it backwards and locking something's location isn't really what you need.

If you go through the Users Guide, under the software's Help menu, and the two above resources, you will see that the recommended procedure is to draw a basic outline of your structure, then use the Move Objects Using Dimensions tool to enter in the exact distance values.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Yes, I seem to have the hang of it now. Thank-you to all who helped.
    Tim Lenfesty
    Home Designer Pro 9