Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by coogan
    Where did you set the material for the exterior walls and the window trim? Have you tried using the material painter tool (a spray can on the toolbar) to set these surfaces to the material you want?

I set the material via clicking on the object (the exterior wall) selecting a material (vinyl siding) then within that selection, choosing the color white.
    In the selection window, it shows the siding as white...but the color square next to it is a light gray....lighter than the color gray that actually appears on the house.

For the windows, I clicked on the "window” that I had inserted in the wall, and made my selections from the "Window Specification" dialogue box...choosing the color "white” for "material” of the sashes, frame, casing, & lights . ...as I did not find a "windows" category. I chose “standard” for the glass. The color squares that show each selection are not exactly white...they show as a very pale gray. However...on the house, they show as the same dark gray shade of the siding.

I then tried to make the siding white using the material painter tool...the siding stays the same shade of gray...same with the windows...however, when I experimented and sprayed the deck, it changed from brown to white...and even the "grass" platform that the house sits on changes to white when I spray it....as does the roof of the house...however, the siding and the window casing elements both remain gray...
    Last edited by LMCC; 06-24-2007 at 06:18 PM.