Backsplash for wall cabinets?

Why are you forced to specify a backsplash with wall cabinets? Backsplashes have nothing to do with the cabinet! I can't get rid of it, and it covers my wall covering and sticks out from the wall 3/4". This is frustrating! I've attached a pic of the issue - you can see the cabinet backsplash sticking out over the countertop backsplash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	view.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	10621  

What software version? In pro9 there is a check box that has to be checked to get a wall back splash.

Dean

Name:	Noname.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	10622  
    HD9 Pro Demo

Wall Cabinet...

I'm talking about Wall Cabinets, not Base Cabinets. Base cabinets work as expected, but wall cabinets shouldn't require a backsplash.

I'm talking about Wall Cabinets, not Base Cabinets.
    So am I.

Dean
    HD9 Pro Demo

Back splashes have everything to do with the cabinet. Most upscale homes have a back splash that goes from the counter to the wall cabinet above. Just move the cabinet into the wall, about an inch, and the back splash will disappear. I have attached a photo of a cabinet I moved into the wall about an inch. You will have to move all of them back though. Then make the cabinet an inch deeper to get back to the 12" wall cabinets. Make them 13" deep. Be sure they are all the same though...

Name:	backsplash2.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	10624  
    Architectural Home Designer 9.0
    I'm limited by my video card, not my imagination...

Is this also how you have to fix this in the 2014 version of Home Designer Architectural? And as I build homes on the beach, I can tell you that not all of them have back splash from the top of the counter all the way to the bottom of the wall cabinet. There has to be a way to remove it.

Wait! If you open the wall cabinet and select the back splash under the material heading, under misc there is an option for no material, though it is worded weird.

Pro10 has the same options as 9 ,maybe newer versions are diff. but as Dean said if you don't check the box in WALL Cabinets for a backsplash you wont get one. It is there for situations where you WANT a tile or glass or ??? backsplash instead of Drywall above the Countertop's backsplash. If you don't want the Countertop backsplash set the height and width both to 0. (zero) removing the (D) as well , now your tile will come all the way down to the countertop IF you choose backsplash on the wall cabinet.

M.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5