Thread: Deck Planking

Deck Planking

I am a new user without CAD experiance. I am omputer literate and have an engineering background. I have drawn a deck for a customer and need to add angled planking in several styles to show possibilities. Cab't figure out how to get there. I viewed demos and guidebook and help without any help.
    Home Designer Pro 9

Does Pro have the Deck tab in the Room Specification dialog? - http://www.chiefarchitect.com/suppor...?faqNumber=794
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Yes it does, but the program doesn't always change what you think it should.

I'm pretty new, but I had the same problem. In my case, I was using deck planking, as my material. I would go to the material tab, find the material in my plan and pick the edit tab on the right and adjust it's properties there. That worked in my case.

When you highlight your deck and open room specifications, then go to the deck tab. You see all of these great options, but they don't always seem to work. It may have to do with whether you have used advanced framing or what your material is. I went back and forth so many times, that I'm not sure what triggers what.

I'm sure that as I get more familiar with the program, I will hopefully remember what does what.
    Mark

HDPro 9