UK Electrical Symbols

Hi, I'd need to create an electrical plan for an electrician who wants to get started asap on an interior design job I am currently undertaking, the problem is we'er UK based and the only electrical symbols I can find in the library are US, are any UK add-ons available or is it possible to import electrical symbols from another source?

Huge thanks for any advice, Anita

If only 2D, draw them using the CAD tools, and also see this thread
    http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....trical+Symbols

Quote Originally Posted by tdemeyer View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently evaluating X2 to help me with designing electrical scheme's in houses.

I live in Belgium, and unfortunatly, I cannot find any symbol that is currently used in our region. I't pretty standard over here, but it differs from the US standards I presume.

I'd like to refer to the following link http://www.draftsperson.net/index.ph...AutoCAD_Blocks , where "electrical symbols 1" shows what type of symbols I need.

Is there some sort of library in X2 available for this?
    Not sure what your version can import. They are 3ds files.

Dean
    Attached Files Attached Files
    HD9 Pro Demo

Hi Dean, many thanks for your response

Electric symbols 2d

Hello.
    Does anyone know if its possible to change electric symbols that shows in 2d view? I would like to have different symbols for switch and outlet. It doesnt matter if 3d view is the default value. We have different cad symbols in europe which isnt included in core library. I have home designer pro 2012.

Thank you for your answer.

Looking over the Pro 2012 and X4 Premier trial versions, it looks like only the Premier would let you change actually the 2D CAD Block that is associated with a 3D Symbol.

Although, in Pro, you could create your own library of CAD objects (or import them from a DXF if you find a good one online somewhere) for the electrical items, block them together, and add them to the Library Browser.

You could also import images of the 2D symbols to place in floor plan view.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7