Hybrid View

Question Edit or Transform Chief Architect file for use in Homes Designer Pro

We are designing and then going to build a house with a custom home designer and builder. He uses Chief Architect for much of his work. I own Homes Designer Pro 9.0 and I have been able to read his files happily and generate all sorts of 3D images to share with my wife.

However we are now starting to get to the stage on Interior Design, Landscaping, Furniture Layout, etc. and I have not been able to find any way to either edit the chief architect file or import the file in some way so I can start from the work already done by the designer.

Any insight would be appreciated

Article Number 892: Information: You can edit this plan fully using Chief Architect

If this plan was sent to you by a professional using the Chief Architect X1 or newer version of the software, and they want to allow you to edit this .plan file, then they must first select Edit> Default Settings> Plan Defaults and check the Allow Editing in Select Home Designer Products check box. Once they have done so, they will need to click OK, Save the plan, and send the new version of the file to you.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7