Wrapped Opening Doesn't Work Right in Home Designer Suite 9

I need to create a wrapped opening and have followed the instructions in the Reference Manual, but it doesn't work right. I have a main wall that runs through the middle of my house. I need to create a wrapped opening between the dining room area and the living room - the two rooms being on opposite sides of the main wall. The wrapped opening needs to be flush against a living room wall that abuts the main wall at a 90 degree angle. I can insert a door and suppress the casing. But when I set the wrapped opening to be 0" from the abutting living room wall, the wrapped opening is actually displayed 1" inside the living room wall. Additionally, the molding on the floor on both sides of the wrapped opening is messed up, not abutting the sides of the wrapped opening. I also note that there are no wrapped openings in the Home Designer Suite 9 door library - so I've got to make this method work. Anyone know how to deal with this problem?

Just a suggestion, based on what I think you're asking to do ...

Draw your wall, and then use the Break Wall tool on it back from the intersecting wall to the width of your opening. Where your opening would go, make the short wall segment invisible in the Wall Specification dialog. Next, place a soffit over the opening and size it to be the same width as the wall. By building your opening this way, you will eliminate the 1" section of wall at the intersection of the opening and the perpendicular wall.

Hope this helps.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

Quote Originally Posted by Elovia View Post
    Just a suggestion, based on what I think you're asking to do ...

Draw your wall, and then use the Break Wall tool on it back from the intersecting wall to the width of your opening. Where your opening would go, make the short wall segment invisible in the Wall Specification dialog. Next, place a soffit over the opening and size it to be the same width as the wall. By building your opening this way, you will eliminate the 1" section of wall at the intersection of the opening and the perpendicular wall.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you. Worked a charm :>)
    Phillip Fries, Home Designer Suite v9 on Windows 7