With condo have no means to determine exterior dimensions first

I just purchased Interior Design 9.0 build 9.6.1.1.
    I gather from the documentation that the exterior walls are required to be built first, so that the interior walls can be built.
    My question is: Is there a way to build from the inside out, by taking inside measurements of walls, and have the exterior walls "float", to the outside of the interior dimensions?
    Or is there a better solution?
    Thanks, Ken

Since you are in a condo, do you need to model the building's roof system? In other words, does the roof affect your living space?

If not, then don't worry about exterior walls at all (except for those with windows to your space); just build interior walls for the rest and ignore anything outside of the space you're interested in. You should be able to place interior walls and then draw a manual inside-to-inside dimension line between two walls. Use this manual dimension line to adjust the wall placement to your hand measured values.

If you do need to consider the roof, especially if your space includes dormers, you may not have all of the tools necessary. I'm not 100% certain on ID9's capabilities for modeling roof systems. Perhaps you can either guess or do some quick basic measurements to get your model reasonably close.

Good luck.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

You could try using the cad tools to draw a box the right size and then build the walls to that.
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/