Built-up moldings

I have applied crown molding to my cabinets, and it looks great.

But I want to create more "complicated" molding by putting up crown, and then putting other molding just below it (this is commonly done in "real life").

But I don't see any way to do this in HD Pro 10.

Any thoughts?
    Dave Funk
    Lafayette, CA
    Home Designer Pro 2012

Dave,

You can certainly apply multiple moldings in Pro 10 but they do not stack properly, you can place one on top and one on the bottom with the current tool but stacked or compound moldings does not function the way you want.

This feature was just added to Chief Premier and this feature may not appear in Home Designer Pro.

BUT in what you have you can add them by using a soffit which WILL accept an additional molding and then place that soffit to the top of a cabinet (see attached image).

It is not very refined but DOES work NOW.

With Chief Premier, you can create custom molding profiles and then apply them to CAD lines called "Molding Polylines" and even 3D Molding Polylines which gives you the ability to edit them in both plan (2-D) and also in camera views (3-D) for more custom-complicated applications.

With Pro you cannot create or add additional molding profiles and you cannot stack the few that you do have except as above using a soffit.

Sometimes the truth hurts but I do hope this helps.

DJP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pro10-moldings.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	11528  

Thank you David - it *does* help. Now I know! :-)

I'll fiddle around with your soffit suggestion - thanks!

- dave -
    Dave Funk
    Lafayette, CA
    Home Designer Pro 2012