Unfinished interior wall ends

Hi,

I am using HD9 Pro for a remodel of our house. Love this program! Anyway, I have several interior 4" walls that end without connecting to another wall (by design). I can't figure out how to have the program place a wallboard covering on the ends - what I see is a wood texture and color (showing the studs?). It is not convenient to insert a "doorway" to have this finished properly.

Any ideas?

Great community BTW!

I should add that I did do a search and found one other post regarding this problem. It was suggested to "jiggle" the wall length which I did but it did not change the appearance. It was also suggested to use a doorway which I could do in one location and that worked but I have other locations where that is not possible.

Attached (hopefully) are a 3D picture of the offending wall along with the plan. This behavior occurs everywhere in my plan if I don't use a doorway so there must be a setting that is doing this otherwise everyone would be complaining.

The wall section rising from the offending wall is an invisible wall serving to delineate the hallway. All walls in that area should be the standard interior 4" walls.

Much appreciated,
    Barry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wall End Problem.JPG 
Views:	278 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	11518   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wall End Problem Plan.JPG 
Views:	281 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	11517  
    HD Pro 2014
    HD Pro 9
    Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU @ 2.20GHz, 4 Gb

I think what is causing your malady is that you have the "Main Layer" setting wrongly set, by mistake for sure, but I see your interior walls attaching themselves to the sheet rock layer instead of the framing layer as is usual.

This would cause what you are seeing, no doubt if that is how you have interior 4 walls set (the radio button should be placed on the framing layer and not on non-structural layers like sheet rock or drywall.

You find out one way or the other in a Wall Dialog - Wall Type - Define Wall Type area to see how it is in fact set.

This causes dimensions to act strangely as well as other unwanted results. Look for that.

DJP

David,

Thanks SOOOO much! I was away this weekend and when I saw your reply on returning I had to try it even before unloading all the camping gear. Sure enough, I had managed to change the main layer of the 4" interior wall to the sheetrock layer. Once changed to the framing layer (2), all of the problem areas resolved themselves.

Much appreciated,
    Barry
    HD Pro 2014
    HD Pro 9
    Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU @ 2.20GHz, 4 Gb