Columns and stairs on downstairs patio, front stone wall, messed up tile graphics.

So I have designed a dual front balcony with columns...I don't know how have to columns come in as the posts. Also I am trying to put stairs in the front lower curve and I added them but the railing wont automatically open where the stairs are. I would also want the stairs to be curved.

I have spent like two days trying to get all this to work, I am also having issues getting the curved fronts to match top and bottom. I finally did by copy and pasting them but there has to be a better way.

Also, I have pasted terracotta tile on a side lower entrance and a back patio and the image of the tile is all jumbled.

One more thing I would like to add a front stone wall with gates would I just use the exterior wall tool change the height and materials and call it a day?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7425 frank.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	11629  
    Home Designer Suite 10

Quote Originally Posted by amorisav View Post
    So I have designed a dual front balcony with columns...I don't know how have to columns come in as the posts.
    You can hold down the Control key on the keyboard, which allows for unrestricted movement, and place the columns over the posts.

Also I am trying to put stairs in the front lower curve and I added them but the railing wont automatically open where the stairs are. I would also want the stairs to be curved.
    If you use several straight Invisible Deck Rails instead of a curve, you can place several stairs going down that will miter together at the corners (as in my attached screenshot).

You can just use the Break Wall tool on your existing curved railing, then select each segment and click on the Change Line/Arc edit tool to make it a straight segment, which will help to maintain the curve look. Try placing breaks along the curve about the width size of a standard stair.

I am also having issues getting the curved fronts to match top and bottom. I finally did by copy and pasting them but there has to be a better way.
    Create on Floor 1, group select the railings, move up to Floor 2 and use Paste Hold Position.

Also, I have pasted terracotta tile on a side lower entrance and a back patio and the image of the tile is all jumbled.
    Not sure what you mean, couldn't see demonstrated in your screenshot?

One more thing I would like to add a front stone wall with gates would I just use the exterior wall tool change the height and materials and call it a day?
    Check out this Help Database article - http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=873

Name:	amorisav - Screenshot 1.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	11630  
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

now when you were talking about making several stairs are you talking about several individual stairs, or just have it make several stairs. how do I make invisible rails?
    Home Designer Suite 10

In my original screenshot, I have 4 straight invisible railing segments (which make up the curve), and 4 separate stairs down, but as you can see, they will automatically miter together at the corners when they are close.

Name:	4 Invisible Wall Segments - 4 Stair Segments Auto Miter Together.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	11635  
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7