Hi, I’m looking to purchase Home Design Pro 7, but I’m currently using 3D Home Design ver4.

I have a wide carriage dot matrix printer that can give me reasonable 1/4 in = 1 ft printouts.

My problem is that this program, 3D Home, does not support “wide printers”. I have saved the house plan to pdf995 and have printed it to the printer successfully, BUT, my question is:

Does anyone know have to precisely scale the drawing within pdf995 such that it will print at a scale of 1/4 in = 1 ft?

Any help with be greatly appreciated.

Printing and "gross scaling" of the house plan is not a problem. My question is, how do I ensure that the printout of the plan is precisely 1/4 in = 1 ft on the "blue print" without playing around with a trail and error approach.

Thanks

Len

Wow, I haven't seen a dot matrix printer in a long time. Does this printer have drivers for Windows XP?
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Yes Dan there really are dot matrix prints out there! I've had this one for about 15 years, its a Citizen GSX 145. It has low mileage since I only use it for large printouts.

Yes, XP provides a driver for this machine, it is Epson based and many Epson drivers will work as long as they are 24 pin type drivers.

With a range of print qualities this machine can print up to 360 x 360 DPI, this provides a fairly good quality print, and I can do the printing myself.

Unfortunately, the inexpensive design programs really don't support the capabilities of this printer.

Len

Pro 7 supports printing directly to ANSI C size paper (17 x 22) - I think that would fill that printer width.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

First, I'd like to thank everyone for there input to my question. I'm about to place my order for Pro 7.

But I have a question for Dan Park, or for anyone who wishes to comemt.

My home designs are mostly for long ranches. They fit fine on a sheet of paper 16 inches wide (printing in landscope mode). My question is: if my drawing is more then 22 inches long will Pro 7 continue outputing print data if there is still paper in the printer and no "out of paper" error message is sent to the computer?

My printer has an onboard programable mode that allow's me to program it so that it will NOT send a "form feed" message to the compter, so the compter thinks it has an infinite piece of paper!

Len

The program will print to a 17 x 22 area. It will print across multiple sheets to form larger prints if needed but will not print to a single page larger than this limit. You can also print to PDF at a smaller scale then print the PDF to a larger paper size if needed.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc