Material characteristics in Standard view vs Vector View

When I'm in Vector view I see the characteristics (eg. Specifications such as tile or stip) are illustrated in Vector view and I can see the joins in my siding. When I flip to Standard or Watercolor view, the joins in my siding totally disappear. Is there any way to make them visible in Standard or Watercolour view?

I have attached an example. The image on the left is a Vector view. The image in the right is Standard view. As the lines (joins) in my siding are a design feature I would like to make them visible!

Cheers,
    Tasman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	12081  

Vector cameras use only lines and colors, standard camera views use applied texture images (like photos) "painted" across 3D faces or surfaces.

So in Standard views if the "material" you have applied to surfaces has no pattern lines as part of the texture file that "paints" across surfaces, then none are there to see, whereas the "same" defined material shown in a vector view camera is "written" differently and does have lines as part of that definition.

Nothing "wrong" here, just different ways to portray graphic-visual data, if you want lines to show in standard, then the material texture that portrays that material MUST have lines in it as well, if it does not you replace that texture file with one that does or you make (create using an image editor like Photoshop) one that does.

DJP