Hybrid View

2 different roofs = prow + salbox

Hi, I have been trying every workaround I could think of and I have read a number of posts, but these are the best I have been able to achieve thus far. To do so I created a fake wall up front: one in front of the prow and the other behind the prow; then I saved the roof, disabled automated update, and removed the fake wall. I use Home Designer Suite 12. Thank you!

This is what I am basically trying to accomplish. My model has no fireplace in the front and a prow design. Please note the 2 different styles of roofs: peak for the prow in the front and a reverse salt box for the back of the house.

--Marie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W2927big.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	12155  

Open your "Build Roof" dialog and then go to its "Roof Styles" tab which will lead you to articles on how to do each roof type that Suite can do. Practice with what you read until you can achieve each of the roof types you are interested in and then apply that knowledge to your own model.

DJP

Thank you for your reply, David. I have been at it for 4 days now and cannot merge the 2 types of roofs. If the front of the house would have been flat I would not had an issue. The prow front is causing me the issue. I have tried changing them from full gable to high shed/gable wall, since this has been mentioned on this forum, but that does not work for me because of the type of roof over the back of the house.

To get close to this using the automatic roof generator, I think that you need to add in two little wall segments on each side of the prow that are NOT marked as Full Gable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floor 1 - Prow plus Saltbox.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	12163   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floor 2 - Prow plus Saltbox.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	12164  
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

WOW! Thank you Kat! While I had used the creation of additional walls as a work around, I never thought of making them so small. ;^)

Glad I could help! There are very few types of roofs that make me wish I had Pro, most I can get pretty close using the Automatic tools in my current version.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7